Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!!!

IMG_0177This was you and me on your birthday last year.  I can’t even believe how much you have changed in just one short year.

IMG_0207 You weren’t even walking yet.  You would stand up on your own for a couple of seconds, and were able to cruise along the furniture, but you couldn’t walk on your own.  And look at how short and thin your hair was!

IMG_7756 Today we got up and you were up to your usual Saturday activities of watching Disney Channel, playing w/ your dolls and eating a cup of cereal.  However, today you did something for the first time.  All of your dolls have diapers under them instead of being covered up w/ a blanket.

IMG_7761 After playing for a while Mimi & Papa finally woke up.  We had sausage, eggs, and toast for breakfast.  You wanted to be Miss Independent today and insisted on feeding yourself.  We busted out the traditional Happy Birthday placemat, Happy Birthday clown plaque and red plate.

IMG_7763 You even got a Happy Birthday hug from Uncle Curt.

IMG_7769 One of your favorite things to do is to play at the park.  And since today is your birthday, we went to the park to play.  You had so much fun running around.

IMG_7771 You copied some other kids that were doing this and starting hanging from the handle before you went down the slide.  This is the first time that you went down the slides by yourself.  You probably went down about 30 times and loved every minute of it.  But you were still very cautious and would lay out spread eagle so you could go down slow.

IMG_7772 After the slides I tried taking you over to the swings and you FREAKED OUT and were screaming bloody murder as soon as I put you in and before I could even push you once.  So I took you out right away.  I don’t know why you have such an aversion to swinging.  We went over to the rocking toys and you were obsessed w/ this motorcycle.

IMG_7779 I just love the look on your face.  You had SO MUCH FUN running around just being outside.

IMG_7785 There is this wall w/ tiles all over it w/ hand prints on the tiles.  You thought it was so cool and kept walking up and down putting your hand on the tiles.

It got pretty windy after a while, so we packed up and headed to WalMart to get you some diapers b/c we are almost out.  I called and talked to Connie (my friend from Prosper) b/c  it’s her birthday today, too.  You took a little snooze in your car seat on the ride over to WalMart.

IMG_7791 After WalMart we went over to Market Street and got Penne Dolcelatta for your birthday lunch.  You love that stuff, and so do I.  You were being such a cutie pie and were waving and smiling and saying, “Hi!” to everyone we passed.

IMG_7796 The weather was so nice outside when we got home that we just sat out on the patio and ate out there.  You had fun running around and sitting on your little picnic table.

IMG_7797 You remembered you had your little Strawberry Shortcake tricycle out on the patio and rode that around for a little bit.

IMG_7799 That is until Uncle Nick wanted to try it.  I love the look on your face.  It’s like you’re thinking, “what does this crazy guy think he’s doing?”

IMG_7803 When I was finally able to drag you inside you helped me make some cupcakes for tonight.  You even helped me lick the whisks (for the first time ever).

IMG_7805 Now there’s a face only a mother could love.  And I DO LOVE IT!

IMG_7806 You finally went down for a real nap.  After you woke up you wanted to go upstairs and see Mimi b/c she was up there sewing.  You found some scrap fabric so we both put it on our heads.  I look like Yentel and you look like Mary.

IMG_7816We waited until Papa got home from work to have cupcakes and open gifts.  You knew what to do this time w/ presents (at Christmas we had to help you open all of your presents) but this time you didn’t need any help.

IMG_7810You were being silly and put your pants on your head.  You got a few pair of pants (the stretchy kind, b/c you don’t really like wearing jeans), a shirt, and…

IMG_7817 …a pretty new dress.

IMG_7822 Uncle Curt and Jessie came over to celebrate w/ us.  You loved having them there.

IMG_7819 I know I say this all the time, but I really can’t believe how much you’ve grown and changed in one year.  Even in the past few weeks you’ve changed so much.  Here I am trying to feed you a cupcake.

IMG_7820 You didn’t want me to feed it to you, you wanted to do it yourself.  At first you were just taking bites off the top and were eating the frosting only.

IMG_7821 I hope you know that you are the light of my life.  I know my life would be completely different (in a bad way) w/out you.  I know we have our moments when you’re not happy w/ me and I have to give you a little swat on the butt or put you in time out.  But the majority of the time you are my Little Love Bug.  I LOVE coming to pick you up at daycare everyday b/c you see me and get a big huge smile on your face and you come running over to me w/ your arms open wide and you give me a big old bear hug when you get to me.

You keep me laughing, you keep me guessing, and you keep me happy.  You are the reason I don’t get a good night’s sleep, but you’re also the reason I get up every day.  You are the reason I have bags under my eyes, but you’re also the reason my eyes sparkle when I talk about how amazing you are.  You are the reason I can’t wear nice clothes, but you are also the reason my life means more than clothes or material things.  You are by far the best thing that has ever happened to me and you are my world!

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, LITTLE BUG!

DSC03639 Us, 2 years ago today.

No comments: