Thursday, January 17, 2008

My baby is ONE!!!


Today is your first birthday and we wanted to do something special for you even though you're too young to really know what's going on. During my lunch break I met up with Grandma and Grandpa at your day care. They brought Debbie heart cakes for everyone in your class.

You were SO excited to see us!!! You were laughing and LOVING being the center of attention.


You also loved the balloons we brought you for your special day.


When we got home tonight, it was fun to spend time with you and you kept carrying this balloon around and were trying to eat it.


I couldn't resist with the static electricity in your soft and fine fuzzy duck hair.


I have been wanting to get your ears pierced since you were 6 weeks old, but just haven't ever gotten around to doing it. So I decided today was the day. We took you to Claire's. I love this look of, "What do you think you're going to do to me? If it's painful, don't even think about it!"


We were able to distract you with this Claire Bear and you were ignorantly happy.


"What is going on here? Why are you touching my ears?"


Here we go...


I love this little sticker they gave you..."I just got my ears pierced"


All done! You were a trooper, and of course we got you the sparkly pink flower earrings.


We also got a few other things while at Claire's (I am NOT allowed in that store b/c I could easily blow a whole paycheck in there.) You liked playing with the bracelets b/c of the bright colors.


We went over the food court and got some dinner. You had fun just playing, exploring, and of course making funny faces.


I don't know if the table was sticky or dirty or what, but it was funny that you were both doing this with your hands.


You are spoiled beyond belief, and here's just one example...Grandpa is hand feeding you some grapefruit and you were loving it.


Since we're having a big party for you on Saturday, we just did this for your birthday cake tonight.

I just want you to know how incredibly much you mean to me. My life was forever changed one year ago today and it has been the best 365 days b/c each of those days I have spent it with you. It has been such a joy and treasure to watch you grow and watch you learn new things. Time is such a strange thing. Sometimes it seems like just last month you were being born and you came into my life. But then at the same time, it seems like you have been a part of my life forever and I can't remember what life was like before you. I can't wait to see what this next year brings.

No comments: