Friday, May 23, 2008

Simple Pleasures


Today you were in a super good mood when we got home. You went straight to the diaper basket and were taking them out. I still don't know what your obsession with diapers are. But if that's what makes you happy, I'm glad, b/c we have lots of them, and they're a lot cheaper than fancy toys that you wouldn't play with.




You found this towel and had so much fun putting it on your head and then playing...




...peek-a-boo! This kept you entertained for quite a while.





After peek-a-boo, you found Emma's chew toy and were about to put it in your mouth before I stopped you. I told you to give it to Emma, and you walked right over and handed it to her. I was so proud of you and started clapping and saying, "You are so smart, and such a good girl." You got the biggest grin on your face and started clapping, too.




I went in the kitchen to make a snack for us and came back and you had found my cell phone. It's almost scary how much you absorb and learn from what you observe, b/c you knew exactly what to do with the phone and held it up to your ear like you were talking to someone.




After that, Grandpa got home and asked if you wanted a smoothie. Your eyes lit up like it was Christmas. You had Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Nick, and me all feeding you smoothie. Looks like we're the ones eating out of the palm of your hand instead of the other way around. You are so spoiled rotten.



You were pulling the funniest faces and this one looks like you're saying, "Come on now, Mom. You know I'm not spoiled, silly!"

No comments: