Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Babysitting Woes




Wow, we have had quite the problem with getting a babysitter for you. But I think we finally have it all figured out. We had worked out an arrangement with Patricia, an Indian lady that lives across the court from us. She has 2 kids (Maddy, age 6 and Russell, age 3). She was going to watch you from 8:30 to 12:30 while Dad was at his internship and while I was at work. We had that all arranged to start on Monday, Feb. 5th. However, I got sick with mastitis that weekend and so I stayed home Monday. So Dad called her to make sure we were on for the 6th. Patricia told Dad she didn't think she could handle watching you b/c she was overwhelmed with school and that newborns are a lot of work. But she was nice enough to watch you the 6th, 7th, and 8th so we could figure out a plan B. And we watched her kids a few nights in exchange while she was at school. Anyways, I was able to switch my work schedule so I now work from 1 to 9 pm so I get to be home with you in the mornings and then Dad is home with you in the afternoon and evenings.
Now the only problem was every other Monday and every Wednesday when Dad has class. But Sharon, a lady in the program with Dad, is letting her daughter watch you while they're at class and we're going to pay her $30 a week. What a blessing and answer to a prayer! I had asked the ladies at Relief Society if any of them could watch you, but no one could, so this is going to be great. The fun thing is that we didn't figure this out until last night, so Dad was able to bring you to my work for me to watch while he went to class. Everyone here loved seeing you and the girls in compliance just went ga ga over you. You're just so stinking cute and lovable!!! You were so good and slept a long time and then took a bottle and I even had you just laying on a blanket on my desk for a while. I hate having to leave you in the care of someone else, but this is how it has to be for a little while. I'm just grateful things have worked out.

No comments: