Saturday, July 14, 2007

Texas or Bust


After we saw Lexie, Jon, and Andrew on Thursday, we hit the road around noon. The first day we made it all the way from Herriman, UT to Gallup, NM. The scenery wasn't the greatest, but we tried to make it fun.




I sat in the back with you while Grandma drove to keep you happy. We had to get creative with the blanket to keep the sun off of us. I have part of the blanket tucked into my visor.




Friday night we stopped at a GHETTO Econo Lodge in Childress, TX. As you can see in the picture below, the window was too big so they had to tape a towel up to cover the window. Not to mention the dead bug under the bed, the scary baby crib they brought for you to sleep in, and the dirty hand towel hanging next to the sink. But you were happy in spite of all of that.




Here's the scary window. We finally made it home Saturday afternoon. It is so nice to be "home". I would give anything to have my life back 6 months ago when everything was happy and nice and great. However, that's not possible so we'll just make the best of our situation. I am so thankful that Grandma and Grandpa are willing to let us stay here until I can get back on my feet. I'm going to start looking for a good job so I can get us our own place eventually and support us! You were such a good baby on the trip especially considering that you were teething. I hope you know I'm doing all of this for you, and because I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Childress. That is the one and only place I ever got a speeding ticket- remember when we were driving out to BYU? 97 in a 75 MPH zone.